Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My new love/hate relationship

I think I could be in trouble. Nordstrom Rack just opened a store about 5 minutes from my house, and although I am not a clothes horse by any means... wait. Why is a person obsessed with clothes called a horse anyway? Why not a clothes pig? Or clothes sheep? Is it because out of all the animals on the farm, the horse wears the most stuff? They get shoes, a bridle, I've seen blankets underneath the saddle. Is that it?

Did you know that the term clothes horse also refers to a type of drying rack? Oh information super highway, is there anything you don't know?

Sorry, I'm back. My brain saw a rabbit and had to give chase. Heh, clothes rabbit.

Okay, for real this time. What was I saying? Ah, yes Nordstrom Rack. You wouldn't know it to look at me (because let's face it these days my usual style is what's-on-the-floor-and-doesn't smell), but I do enjoy wearing cute clothes. If I had to give my "preferred style" a name, it would be bohemian-athletic-hippie. Boleppie... it has a nice ring to it.

Walking into that store is like walking into my dream closet. You know, if I had enough time on my hands to dream of such things.

But, I don't tend to spend a lot of money on clothes because I am cheap. And Nordstom Rack ain't exactly the 75% off rack at Target.

Can you feel the war that is raging within my wallet?

0 comments: