Sunday, June 21, 2009

What an amazing Father looks like

Dear Freddie,

Elise is one lucky and blessed little girl. I know it, one day when she's a bit older; she will know it, and I hope that you know it too.

I love that, from day one, you jumped into fatherhood with both feet. You had never changed a diaper or fed a baby a bottle before, but it didn't matter. You make being a father look natural and easy.

I love that you love to spend time with her, making memories that will stay with her the rest of her life. Your time with her will assure her of how loved she is, and she will grow up knowing what a good man is.

I love that when she is scared or upset, she calls your name too. She knows her Poppa is a great source of comfort, and she can rest just as easy in your arms or mine.

I love that she gets her sweet and out-going personality from you. When I see her going up to kids she doesn't know in a store or playground and chatting with them; there is no doubt that she's your daughter. She loves to be around other people and thrives in those situations.

I love how excited she gets when the garage door opening announces that you are home from work for the day. I think every father should be greeted by little shrieks of joy at the end of a long work day.

I love that you find fun in things that most people would view as a chore. You have made bath time and getting ready for bed one of her favourite times of the day. I enjoy listening to the songs you sing and the little rituals you do that are just yours and hers.

I love listening to you speak to her in Portuguese. I think it's wonderful how passionate you are that she learns that part of her heritage. I also love to hear her speak Portuguese too and am blown away at how well she's doing.

I love the man that you are, the husband that you are and the father you have become. I mean it when I say that I couldn't be raising such an amazing little girl without you.

Love,
Momma and the Beans

3 comments:

Sara said...

Great post. *tear*

Albert Frank McComber said...

i'm totally wiping my eyes...that is so sweet. (and so TRUE!) happy father's day, fred! and, jo, i know you are so blessed to have the great man you do in fred. we love you!
~jon, becky, and evan~

Unknown said...

Dearest Joanne,

I know my son cried when reading your blog, no wonder, so did I! You have a lovely way to express yourself, love reading your blog, do it all the time.
I could not agree more to all that was said about Poppa, Elise is a very lucky girl having such great parents!
Love you very much " familinha"
huge hug
Mae