Sunday, April 18, 2010

I love a Rainy Night

Eddie Rabbit had something when he sang those lyrics.

I, too, love it when the rains start after darkness has fallen. It should really come as no surprise, being from the Pacific Northwet, as I am.

I remember when I was in high school, I wrote a poem about a guy I was in mutual like with. It was about how I loved to lie in bed at night and listen to the rain tapping away on my roof top. And how it gave me great comfort to know, that at that very moment, there was someone else in the world who was doing the exact same thing as I was.

These days when I hear the rhythm of rain on my roof, I no longer think of this boy, but I do think of the people in my life. Whether they're lying in bed right next to me (although seriously, he's asleep, not listening to rain... I guarantee), in a room down the hall (she'd better be asleep!), around the corner from my house, or even a few miles away.

I lie in bed and wonder if any of them are being gently lulled to sleep by nature, and it reminds me to pray for them. And as sleep slowly steals over me, I am once again comforted by the fact that someone, somewhere is listening to the raindrops dancing too.

I love a rainy night.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

I love rainy nights as well they are so awesome . have a wonderful rainy night .

MissBettytheMom said...

Eddie Rabbit played and sang in a Hooter's parking lot in Austin Texas after a Capital of Tx. 10 k run several years ago. Lots of runners including me danced in the parking lot. Not too long after that he played at a nightclub called Dallas here in Austin. I had been denied entrance to the club on Friday for not following dress code. On Sunday during Rabbit's gig people were dancing barefoot and some were in swim suits or shorts. I don't know to this day why the dress code was suspended on Sunday but at last I got into the club. Thanks for reminding me of Eddie Rabbit. I sure loved that rainy day song. Betty Richardson from blog www.thenextadventure.blogspot.com/