Thursday, July 17, 2008

These are a few of my Favourite Things Part 2

I was talking to a neighbour of mine the other day. We were complaining about the lack of good, fresh fruit here in Texas. She's from California. You know, the California where oranges leap off their trees, roll up to your front door, and knock on it while yelling, "Eat me! Eat me!" That's how fresh the fruit is. I told her I was so glad that a Sprouts Market opened up in Southlake. Can you believe that she had never heard of it? Neither could I, so I decided to post about it.

Fresh fruit is a must for me... I am addicted to it. And Sprouts is my pusher. Their fruit and veggies are a lot better quality than what you'll find at the grocery store. And most often, a lot cheaper. They have a pretty good organic selection too. I've been buying the produce I use to make Elise's food from Sprouts and I've been pretty happy with the quality. I think you can see that Elise likes it too!

My favourite day at Sprouts is Wednesday, or Double Ad Day. This is where the advertised prices from last week, and the ones from this week are good... all on the same day! It's twice the amount of stuff on sale. You can check them out at
www.sprouts.com.
Now if you'll excuse me, I think I hear my strawberries screaming to be let out of the fridge.




4 comments:

Jade Clark said...

There's a Sprouts over near here where I work. Some ladies from the office visit there during their lunch break on every other Wednesday and come back with green bags full of all kinds of fresh things. I, myself, have yet to venture over there...shame on me! Apparently I'm missing out on some great food and fantastic deals!

Amber S. said...

Ditto all the way, sister!! I am IN LOVE WITH that store. I am kinda surprised that the boys and I have never run into you on double ad day.

As a matter of fact, we met and played with a little friend today, and her mother was asking about many items in the boys sack lunch. I told her that the majority of the items in their lunch, ironically enough, are actual found at Sprouts - a soy butter and St. Dalfours Wild Blueberry preserves sandwich, with some Milton's Multi-Grain crackers, chunks of super sweet ($1.99!) seedless watermelon, and a couple of Annie's Bunny Grahams for dessert.

I guess we do get most of our stuff there, now that I think about it... but it's cheap and healthy, so why not?!

I seem to end up telling everyone I run into about my love affair with Sprouts. Even my hubby knows about it, but eats well out of the deal, so he approves. ;-)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

they just opened up one off of preston in frisco...not close, but worth the trip on wed if it's double day. my neighbor was going on and on about the strawberries the other day....i'm a freak for those little red berries

Fred said...

Guess where we're going tonight?
Yup, Sprouts - we're low on fruit...