Friday, March 25, 2011

Shots of joy

If you read my other blog, you know that life has been rough lately. Actually, rough is a bit of an understatement.

The other day, as I was sitting around bemoaning my situation, it dawned on me that maybe the reason joy was lacking in my life was due to the fact that I was sitting around, waiting for joy to come to me.

So I packed up the kids, headed to a local park, and went looking for joy. And you know what?

I found it.

I found joy in his beautiful baby blues


In her fearlessness


In the fact that she actually let me put jeans on her today, and declared, "you know, I don't really mind wearing jeans."




In his adorably, crazy hair



In open-mouthed looks of wonder (a fire truck was driving by with lights and sirens)


In her smile



In trying new things, and liking it!



In seeing just how big she really is



In swinging...



Swinging...



Swinging! And loving it!



Even in trying new things and hating it (not a big fan of the grass)



In seeing beauty, everywhere.

3 comments:

David and April Vinson said...

LOVE it! Great job capturing those precious moments with your photos! :)

AS said...

We were there last Thursday. Did we just miss you? That's our favorite park simply because it has trees.

Nate said...

I like your pictures of the kids Jo. It did indeed look like a fun outing. :-)