Thursday, May 29, 2008

Maybe She'll be a Doctor

I had to go see my doctor today because I've been having a lot of sleeping problems lately (mainly, I can't). Normally I would not take Elise with me to a place where "sickies" run amok, but since Fred had to go to Austin at the last minute for work, I took her with me. I was a little bit nervous. People aren't used to children being loud at the Big People's Doctor. It's not like at the pediatrician where you expect to hear children screaming. I was hoping she would do okay.

Turns out I didn't need to be worried at all. She did great, even entertaining patients in the waiting room by waving and smiling at them. And when it came time to have my blood drawn, she just sat there and watched the whole thing. I'm really hoping that this means medical school is in her future.

And that she's smart or athletic enough to get a full scholarship.

0 comments: