Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bad Poo

Those of you who know me well, know that I have a penchant for poop talk. I think I've written many times on this blog that poo makes me laugh. So when is poop not so funny?

When it inhibits your daughter from taking her nap, that's when. Elise and I have discussed this many times. No bowel movements between the hours of 1:00 - 3:00 pm. I also have a no night-poop policy in place as well.

I knew I was in trouble today when about 20 minutes after I put her down for her nap, I could hear her chattering away to herself. Elise usually falls asleep about 5 minutes after I put her down, so I knew it had to be something.

And I smelled that something as soon as I opened her door. So I got her up, changed her (with the lights off, no less), and put her back down; all in the span of about 60 seconds. But of course, she decides that it must be time to get up and is not too happy about being put back in her crib.

Yes, I am sitting here blogging, while my child is wailing away.

I am soooooo mad at you, poo.

Edited to add: Yay, she finally fell asleep. I think she only cried for about 10 minutes, but it felt like forever. Sleeeeeeeeep, little bean!

0 comments: