- Elise had strep for the second time in about a month. Who knew that you should throw away your toothbrush and flosser when you've been sick with strep? Apparently I do. Now. I'd also like to give a shout out for sugar-free antibiotics... holla! Antibiotics are horrible about raising the blood sugar of a diabetic (not to mention the have a high BG just from being sick). Add flavouring to the mix and it's a recipe for disaster. After her first round of strep, we learned the hard way to ALWAYS ask for sugar-free.
- I am now 23 weeks along on this joyride called pregnancy. Thank you God for second trimesters! Things have been relatively good, aside from some contractions I was getting a few weeks ago. Thankfully they have stopped. I am still waiting to make the jump from regular clothes to maternity clothes. As one friend put it, "you just look like you ate a really big sandwich." Ha.
- I am somewhat freaking out about how this pregnancy has zoomed by. I mean, I am over halfway there and haven't even thought about the things that we need to get (that include, but are not limited to); a crib, a stroller car seat combo, boy clothes, a room for the baby to sleep in after he gets too big for the bassinet... I hope that by not thinking about it, somehow it will all figure itself out.
- Along with over 100 other blogs, I took part in Diabetes Week on my other blog, Death of a Pancreas. It most likely doesn't hold any interest to you if you are not affected somehow by diabetes, but it was very cathartic for me to write a post a day on things like "A Day in the Life", or "Dreaming of a Cure". It was also fun to "meet" new bloggers and read what they had to say on the same topics.
- Fred and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on May 20th. Are we really that old?
- We are leaving for our trip to Vancouver next week! I cannot even tell you how EXCITED I am to go home and show my hometown off to my daughter. Not to mention see the ocean, hug a tree, take a hike, stare at some waterfalls, walk barefoot in the sand, revel in nature, climb a mountain; just generally be outside and loving it again. Also, there will be much eating of some AMAZING food.
Stay tuned for updates from Vancouver!