Sunday, May 16, 2010

Still alive and kicking!

Okay, I have totally been ignoring this blog... not without good reason, though. Life has just been crazy lately, and I thought I'd just do a rundown of what's been going on lately:
  • Elise had strep for the second time in about a month. Who knew that you should throw away your toothbrush and flosser when you've been sick with strep? Apparently I do. Now. I'd also like to give a shout out for sugar-free antibiotics... holla! Antibiotics are horrible about raising the blood sugar of a diabetic (not to mention the have a high BG just from being sick). Add flavouring to the mix and it's a recipe for disaster. After her first round of strep, we learned the hard way to ALWAYS ask for sugar-free.

  • I am now 23 weeks along on this joyride called pregnancy. Thank you God for second trimesters! Things have been relatively good, aside from some contractions I was getting a few weeks ago. Thankfully they have stopped. I am still waiting to make the jump from regular clothes to maternity clothes. As one friend put it, "you just look like you ate a really big sandwich." Ha.

  • I am somewhat freaking out about how this pregnancy has zoomed by. I mean, I am over halfway there and haven't even thought about the things that we need to get (that include, but are not limited to); a crib, a stroller car seat combo, boy clothes, a room for the baby to sleep in after he gets too big for the bassinet... I hope that by not thinking about it, somehow it will all figure itself out.

  • Along with over 100 other blogs, I took part in Diabetes Week on my other blog, Death of a Pancreas. It most likely doesn't hold any interest to you if you are not affected somehow by diabetes, but it was very cathartic for me to write a post a day on things like "A Day in the Life", or "Dreaming of a Cure". It was also fun to "meet" new bloggers and read what they had to say on the same topics.

  • Fred and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on May 20th. Are we really that old?

  • We are leaving for our trip to Vancouver next week! I cannot even tell you how EXCITED I am to go home and show my hometown off to my daughter. Not to mention see the ocean, hug a tree, take a hike, stare at some waterfalls, walk barefoot in the sand, revel in nature, climb a mountain; just generally be outside and loving it again. Also, there will be much eating of some AMAZING food.

Sooooo, that's about it. Hopefully I will be able to find more time for posting on this blog. I have a bunch of half-written posts, and posts that are completely written, but still reside in my head... does that count?

Stay tuned for updates from Vancouver!

2 comments:

Meri said...

So many exciting things going on in your life! How scary about the contractions though...really sucky! But I'm so glad things are better now!

I soak the boys toothbrushes in Listerine after they are sick. It disinfects them. I saw that on daytime TV once...back when I watched daytime TV.

phonelady said...

oh you lucky girl I have seen pics of british columbia and it is just beautiful and if the rest of canada is anything like that Im ready to go . who knew to do that after they have been sick with the toothbrush I did not know that . anyway have fun in canada where ever you are going .