Ahhhh, it sure feels good to be home again! In my five year absence, I had forgotten just how beautiful Vancouver is. There are also a lot of other things I had forgotten about:
- What clean air smells like and how refreshing it is to breathe it in. My allergies have all disappeared since I landed here a few days ago. It feels good.
- How friendly Canadians are, and how willing they are to strike up a conversation with you at anytime, anywhere. When I mentioned it to Fred, he said to me, "you realize you do that ALL THE TIME, right?" Heh... yes I do. Canadian as charged.
- All the wonderful restaurants they have here! We were at a stoplight on a street downtown, and I turned to Fred and asked, "what smells so good?" When we looked around, there were about 6 different restaurants that could have been the culprit. All I want to do is eat!
- How dry my skin is here... I think it misses the humidity of Dallas. I, on the other had, don't!
- Wow, grocery shopping is pricey here... and they don't use coupons! Some things are priced pretty much the same (and actually work out to be cheaper when you figure in the exchange), but I saw that a carton of OJ was twice what I would pay for it back in Dallas.
All in all we are having a GREAT time, and it is going to be so hard to leave next week. I'm hoping to get some of the pictures we've taken up soon.