Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sintra!

Hands down, one of my favourite places in Portugal is Sintra. Set in the lush hills outside of Lisbon, it is home to palaces, castles, steep, winding cobblestone streets, and one of Fred's favourite pasty shops; A Piriquita. We went up there at least three times during our trip. Here are some pics from the first visit.



At Cabo da Roca - the western most point of Europe


It was a wee bit windy


Don't worry, I was holding her tight



Silly girls




Cabo da Roca - the most western point on the European Continent




Poppa and his girl




Mattias trying some Portuguese cuisine... Caldo Verde (kale soup). He likes it!




Chasing pigeons




He REALLY likes it




Castle of the Moors (way up in the top of the picture) looking down on Sintra




Trying some unknown dessert at A Piriquita. For all my D-Moms, NO idea on the carb count!




Loving it




The streets of Sintra






Dancing and exploring




Sintra with the Castle of the Moors above




So pretty




Can you see why I love it?




Hanging with my boy




Rock star!




Love her!




My sweet girl

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Great pictures! Beautiful country!

I think my favorite pic in this set is the one of Fred with Elise, they are adorable together!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Beautiful! I smiled through the whole post! :)

sky0138 said...

BEAUTIFUL pics!!

shannon said...

oh man those were some INCREDIBLE pics. thanks so much for sharing them! love the smiles! and the views! :)

My Little Eye said...

YAY!!! So glad you found me, and ever gladder (haha...sounds like bladder) you hollered at my last night! I miss u, but I added you to my google reader so I can keep up with you are your gorgeous family!

Kim said...

Amazing place, and beautiful pics of the family. Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

I just have one nagging question...where were all the residents of Sintra? The streets looked empty.