Some first day thoughts:
- Though I didn't cry, I did tear up. I think the no-crying was mostly due to being distracted by my other two.
- When I came in the room to give her a hug good-bye, her response was a very disinterested, "okay Mom. Fine. Bye!" I don't think she ever looked up from what she was doing.
- You'd think that would hurt my feelings, but it actually makes me feel pretty good. Like I just might have done a good job in preparing her for stuff like this.
- She was a little ticked at only going a half day.
- When I picked her up and asked her how the day went, she told me, "it was a little too easy. I though Kindergarten was going to be harder."
- She was also disappointed that there was no homework.
- I need to get a friend for Mattias. About 10 minutes after we came home from dropping Elise off, he asked me if we could go get her because he missed her.
- I'm wondering if this school stuff will affect the close relationship they have. I really hope not... I love how they love each other.
- I am now officially old.