Thursday, August 15, 2013

The toe

Can I just start off by saying feet gross me out a little bit.  This picture makes me feel all sorts of yuck.  But I post it as proof that cleaning is hazardous to your health.


Behold!  The broken toe... casualty of an errant vacuum cleaner left abandoned on the floor in hopes that some little nocturnal elves would come calling and put it to use.  

My dog sheds her boy weight in fur everyday.  This means I have to vacuum everyday.  Sometimes twice, or her little furbleweeds will grow big enough that I fear they will morph into some sort of living thing. Like a gremlin.

All that to say; I hardly ever put away my vacuum.  There's no point.

You think that I'd learn the first time I tripped over it to either put it away, or avoid it entirely.  But it was the second trip, a mere 5 minutes later that snapped that third toe like a twig.

There are no words.  Except there are.  And although I won't type them here,  I sure did yell them.  

Don't worry, the kids were asleep.

0 comments: