Monday, August 12, 2013

Blergh Soup

I started this post a million years ago.  But it made me giggle, so I'm posting it anyway.

Andy, a friend of mine, has a blog and from time to time he writes bullet-point posts called "Blog Soup".  Because I lack the time to complete one blog post in it's entirety these days, I've decided to give the bullet-point post a whirl, and partially steal Andy's name as an homage.  Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery... right?

Why Blergh Soup?  Because "BLERGH" is the sound my brain makes when it explodes from being so full of thoughts from all the thinking I do and Elise asking me, "why" one million times a day.

Let the blerghing begin...


  • Dear Spring Forward people... I want my hour back.
  • There is something beeping in my house and I can't find the source.  It is one solitary beep every 30-40 minutes.  It's making me crazy(er)
  • I think Target pipes air-borne Valium into their stores.  It is my happy place.  Seriously, Target is the real "happiest place on earth".  Suck it Disney.
  • I can't figure out how to change the time on our DVR.  Shouldn't it have changed by itself?  I really hate this time change stuff.  See bullet point one.
  • I know I'm not their target audience, but the guys on from the Hard Line on the Ticket really crack me up.  They bring back nostalgic feelings of when I worked in radio. And Mike Reiner sounds like George W. Bush to me.
  •  Summertime in Texas makes me wish I was dead.
  • Fred bought me an iPhone because my old cell phone was on it's way out.  As much as I hate the way so many people bury their faces in technology, I have to admit that it's pretty handy.
  • Speaking of technology, Fred was helping a stranger change their tire the other day, and some guy stole his Ipad while he was doing it.  I can't even verbalize how mad stuff like that makes me.  I just don't get how a person has no problem taking something that does not belong to them.  Jerks.
  • Those last two bullet points made me realize that I do not know the proper spelling of any iProducts
  • I have so many posts in the drafts section, I'm not sure what to do with them.  Some are half finished.  Some are only titles.  Some have just a few lines written and I can't quite figure out what the hell I was thinking of.
  • This was fun.  I created a Blergh Soup label, so perhaps I shall attempt it again. 

0 comments: