Monday, March 30, 2009

It's always something, isn't it?

Today was one of those days where the planets and the stars aligned and all was right with the world. Elise slept soundly through the night and woke up in a wonderful mood at 8:00 am. A nurse from the endo's office called to discuss Elise's numbers, and we ended up making some changes to her treatment plan that Fred and I had been asking for.

Later in the morning, Elise and I got our walk on and enjoyed the bright sunshine and temperate weather. Yes there were birds, and yes they were singing. There were no huge food battles today and Elise enjoyed everything I put in front of her. To top it all off, the proverbial icing on the proverbial cake... Elise's numbers ranged from 94 - 155. Can you say woo-hoo? Because I can.

WOO-HOO!

The only hiccup in our day was the 1 hour nap Elise woke up crying from. But I think it's safe to blame that on the teething monster.

As I was preparing Elise's dinner, I thought to myself, "I am a good Mom. No, a great Mom." I gave my daughter an adoring look, to which she returned ten-fold. And then it hit me.

I had totally forgotten to make dinner for Fred and I.

Not only that, I had forgotten to even prepare anything. I had even forgotten to think about preparing anything. It was 5:30 p.m. and all thoughts of my greatness flew out of my head as I rummaged through my fridge for anything that I could magically turn into dinner in less than 30 minutes; start to finish.

I'm happy to say, I did it. It wasn't easy trying to feed Elise, cut peppers, boil pasta and make sauce, but I got it done. You know, being a wife and Mom would be a whole lot easier without all this "extra" crap.

0 comments: