Friday, September 25, 2009

Get ready to jump...

I'm not much of a TV watcher... we haven't had cable for 7 or 8 years now (excluding a short stint during the Stanley Cup playoffs this past season).

And I don't miss it either, although it's abundantly clear that I have no clue what is going on in pop culture. I don't know (or care) who Kim Kardashian is. I assume Project Runway is about fashion, but it could just as well be about the airline industry. And the only reason I know Don Draper is from Mad Men is because my husband is seriously addicted to that show, and steals over to our neighbour's house on Sunday nights to bum cable off of them.

I do have two shows that are must see for me; Amazing Race (a new season of Philimination coming up on Sunday!), and Lost. And if I happen to be around when 30 Rock or the Office is on, I'll watch, but I don't go out of my way to make sure I catch them.

But the first TV show I can remember loving (besides The Muppet Show with all their cool musical guests), was 21 Jump Street. Officer Tom Hanson was my first crush... sigh.

And did you know that they have the entire first season of 21 Jump Street on Hulu.com? How did I not know this? I can now watch Tom Hanson at his most babiest of faces, whenever I want? Ohmygosh, I just peed my pants a little.

I'm a little afraid to watch it because I think it will sort of like watching old videos of yourself where you discover you're not quite as cool as you thought you were.

Now I need to search and see what else is on Hulu... perhaps the first few seasons of Degrassi Junior High? I see hours and hours of wasted time in my future...

0 comments: