Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away in the key of A minor

I love my brain. It keeps me entertained through the wee hours of the morning better than any infomercial for the Magic Bullet ever could. What I mean by that is that I have the coolest dreams of anyone I know.

Now don't worry, I am not going to bore you with the excruciating details of my dreams. We have a rule in our house about dreams (which Fred always breaks); no trying to describe them. Because listening to someone recount their dream to you is like hearing someone drone on about their evening of drunkenness; it never makes any sense and is way more interesting to the one telling the tale than the one having to hear it.

But this was seriously cool... my dream last night was Star Wars, the Musical. I am completely serious. There was a Storm Trooper dance number and even a mournful solo by Darth Vader that truly exposed his tragic inner conflict. That's right, my dreams all have their own original musical score. Eat your heart out Andrew Lloyd Webber.

For some reason I was the director of this spectacle, which is weird. I know I'm bossy, but I abhor being in charge of very large groups of people. I think I should have been Chewbacca... we totally have the same vocal range.

0 comments: