Monday, February 22, 2010

Nitwit Broadcasting Company

Dear NBC,

I wanted to say a most sarcastic thank you for your decision to not air Sunday's Canada vs. USA hockey game on the broadcast network; instead relegating it to the lesser, cable network, MSNBC.

But why were you not able to watch it, you ask? Because I am one of the minority 11% in this country that doesn't have cable. I have seen what is offered on cable, and I refuse to pay good money for pure crap in its highest form. And yes, I consider shows like Keith Olbermann, Mad Money with Jim Kramer, The Real Housewives of [insert county/city here] and the like, pure crap.

Apparently, your programming department is made up of 8-year old girls, because in place of showing the clash between two hockey giants, you decided to show ice dancing instead. Really NBC? Ice dancing? It hardly qualifies as a sport. More like a hobby. Or a reality TV show.

Let's also not forget that one of the pairs competing in the ice dancing competition are brother and sister. That's a little icky if you ask me. I'm just sayin'.

And yes, I've read your reasons for why the game did not air on NBC... blah, blah, blah. I still think you're a bunch of weenies.

Although I do owe you some thanks, I suppose. Apparently, my team forgot to show up and play, so by not airing the game on a channel I could watch, you spared me three hours of pain and suffering.

In closing, I would like to recommend you pull your heads out of your bums, and perhaps you need to send your programming department to their rooms.

Oh, and no dessert for one week.

Most sincerely,
Joanne

5 comments:

phonelady said...

yes joanne !!! bravo mi amiga !! this is the same network that decided since we dont have cable either and I cant receive friday night lights either and that happened to be one of my fave shows at one time , the perfect name name joanne kuddos ,

LaLa said...

You crack me up.
I like the ice dancing! :-)
But, we watched the hockey game.
Ummmm . . . did you get my sweet text? It was sent in fun. USA USA USA USA USA.

XOXXOOXOO

Unknown said...

F-ing A, You tell em'

emily w said...

The game was great, i was cheering for everybody, and the body blows made it seem as if NEITHER team would even have enough men to take the game to the next level.
by the way, since this was just round robin, we may meet again!! hockey and hockey
(p.s. my other daughter-in-law agrees with you on ice dancing!!)

yell at N and L and tell them you are coming over for the game!

Jade Clark said...

Hahaha, I am in complete agreement... I don't even follow/like hockey, but that game would have been much more entertaining on in the background than frackin' ice dancing. SERIOUSLY!?!?! ICE DANCING?!??! Gahhhhh, shoot me.