- How late it stays light in the summer. Yeah, it's hard to argue with your two year old when you're trying to put her to bed at 9:30, and she says to you, "but it's still daytime!" But I love those extra hours of sunlight at night. I have some very fond memories of playing softball at 10:00 pm, and it's still light out.
- Vinegar with french fries... YUM! And you don't even have to ask the waiter/ess for it and endure the strange looks you get. It's just sitting there RIGHT ON THE TABLE!
- How much it rains. Yes, I miss the rain, and I will take it over 100+ degree Texas weather any day. You won't feel sick (or even perhaps die) from playing out too long in the rain.
- How much I love the outdoors. This one is hard for me. I feel happiest when I am surrounded by trees, oceans, rivers and mountains. At one point on our hike to Narin Falls, Elise asked me why I was smiling, and I told her that the sound of a rushing river makes me happy. She thought for a moment and said, "it makes me happy too." I think my soul dies a little more each day that I spend in Texas
- Nanaimo Bars... oh yum these are so good. The funny thing is, people from other parts of Canada don't even know what they are... they are truly a West Coast thing. I make these at home from time to time, but there's nothing like walking into a bakery and being able to buy one.
- People and their dogs. Wym, you should never go to Vancouver. As I like to say, everybody and their dog has a dog. Elise was in heaven with all the new furry friends she made.
- Different languages/accents. I love being able to walk down the street and hearing so many different languages spoken, or hearing accents from all over the world. It was all I could do to stop myself from running up to people and asking them where they were from. Yes, I am such a nerd.
Here's one last pic I found on our other camera. In the village up in Whistler, we found this cool little playground with a very interesting swing. I totally wanted to take a turn!