1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Made a video that got over 12,000 hits on Youtube, and was shared over and over on facebook and other blogs. you can click here to see it.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Still not into the whole resolution thing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, baby! Woo-hoo! I got to spend two wonderful weeks in Vancouver.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Same answer as last year... please to have MORE SLEEP!
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sept.7 - the day my sweet baby boy Mattias was born!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Taking care of a newborn, and a little girl with type 1 diabetes and not losing my mind.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Have you read any of my posts about my pregnancy? Bleh, strep throat x 2, food poisoning... and that was just in the first trimester.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Fred got a new car
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Fred's... he is one amazing husband!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Meh, moving on...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Medical supplies. Isn't that sad?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Trip to Vancouver
Getting our green cards
Birth of Mattias
Elise starting pre-school
JDRF walk , with more than 80 people walking for Team Elise and raising over $16,000.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Soul Sister by Train, because that's what Elise wanted to dance to every night before bed.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Probably the same.
b) thinner or fatter? About the same... glad to say I've lost all my pregnancy weight!
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleeping and traveling.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Got Elise up. Breakfast. Presents. Snack for Elise. More presents. Lunch at a friend's house which turned into dinner because we never got around to leaving. Who know South Africans could be so much fun???
Okay, that's last year's answer... because we did the exact same thing this year!
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Have you seen a picture of my son???
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate. There are people that make me very sad, but I don't bother wasting my energy on hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Who has time to read anymore?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sorry, I mostly listen to talk radio.
26. What did you want and get?
To go home.
27. What did you want and not get?
A cure for diabetes
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Easy A... funny movie!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 38 weeks pregnant... I don't think I did much. I turned 34.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I just could have gotten more sleep (are you sensing a pattern?)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Pregnant lady just tying to be comfortable.
32. What kept you sane?
Blogging and all my D-Momma friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ummm, I don't really have time for politics. Or the right to vote.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Life may suck right now, but it will get better. Then it will suck some more, but get better again. It's all about rinsing and repeating...
38. What are you looking forward to in 2011?
Buying a new house
A trip to Portugal
Raising money for Team Elise
Starting a project that I've been thinking about for a few years.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well
And I've often been told that you only can do
What you know how to do well
And that's be you,
Be what you're like,
Be like yourself,
And so I'm having a wonderful time
But I'd rather be whistling in the dark"
-Whistling in the Dark, They Might be Giants