Saturday, July 4, 2009

Daily Picture Reject #10


I know every parent thinks their child is the be-all-and-end-all-oh-my-goodness-have-you-EVER-seen-a child-more-adorable-than-this-cutest-thing-in-the-entire-known-universe. I know I do.

Mostly because random strangers come up and tell us this. A lot. One person even told me that my daughter should be doing commercials because she would buy whatever Elise is selling.

After convincing myself that I should not exploit this person's good taste by telling her that Elise is, in fact, selling water-front property on the moon and if she could just make the cheque out to cash, thankyouverymuch; I pondered a career in acting for my daughter but quickly decided it was not a good idea (Fred said no).

But just look at the above Daily Picture Reject. Just look at how excited Elise is about those nose drops she's holding. Wouldn't you buy a saline nasal rinse system from that face?

Just make the cheque out to cash, if you don't mind.

I haven't posted one of these in awhile, so here's the official explanation:
For those of you unsure what the Daily Picture Reject is: Fred and I take a daily picture of Elise. Rather, I do. This is not because we are prepping our daughter for a life as a super model. It is simply a way to hold onto memories as time slips by at ultra-sonic speed. It's also pretty cool to see how much she has changed in 669 days. After I take the picture, I email it to Fred, who then posts it on his website. It usually takes about 10 to 15 shots to get just the right picture. I am not what you would call a stellar photographer, so about 25% of those are completely unusable. Then there are always one or two that crack me up, but aren't suitable for the daily picture. Hence, the Daily Picture Reject!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course my input as a very proud granma maybe suspicious, but, SHE IS PRICELESS!!
Lots of love
Teresa

Sara said...

I love the daily pics! And nasal spray is sounding very appealing to me at the moment.