Thursday, July 2, 2009

Freddie get your gun

On Tuesday, we went to a Ranger's game and sat with some friends of ours. Jade and Michael have a little boy, Preston, who is about 3 1/2. Elise and Preston were so cute hanging out; sitting beside each other and holding hands. At one point we look over and Elise has Preston's face in her hands and is looking like she's leaning in for a kiss. GASP! Where did my almost 22-month old learn THAT? The kiss never came to fruition, but it made us laugh.

Isolated incident? It doesn't seem that way...

Today, at open gym playtime, Elise is hanging out on one of the floor mats playing with a boy who looks to be about 3 or 4. I turned around to say something to my friend, and when I look back, Elise is pulling the same move as she did on Preston. And the little boy has this huge grin on his face and doesn't seem to be minding it at all! Again, the kiss never happened, but jeez!

I think she must take after her father... he's told me stories of wanting to play "house" with his little girl friends when he was 5 or 6 because he liked getting to kiss his "wife". I mostly chased boys so I could punch them when I was that age.

I think I need to have a little talk with my daughter.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Oh boy...and so it begins;-)

Jade Clark said...

Hahahah, that's hilarious! You are in big, big trouble already!