Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's a Twister Auntie Em!

North Texas may be a boring place to live, but the weather can sure make things interesting in a heart beat. All day the weather people here have been seemingly on the brink of orgasm about the weather that was supposed to materialize tonight. I've learned to take these reports with a grain of salt; quite a few of these people get their knickers in a knot about nothing.

But as I watched the line of storms approach tonight, I thought, "this could be interesting". And suddenly out of nowhere, the tornado sirens sounded. And the weather guy was all a-quiver about possible rotation around the area we live in. Then our house was being pelted by rain, and the winds picked up shaking the whole house. And our power went out. At that point I might have peed my pants a little.

Thankfully it was over as quickly as it blew up. Our power came back on only minutes after it went out, and Elise slept through the whole thing.

I think I enjoyed this kind of stuff more before I had a kid and owned property. You know, grown-up stuff.

0 comments: