Monday, February 2, 2009

Why yes, I AM a dork!

When I brought Elise downstairs after her nap today, I turned on the TV since I was going to nurse her in a few minutes. It takes a few seconds for the picture and sound to turn on. So I went into the kitchen to check Elise's blood sugar, and all of a sudden, I started hearing voices. No, not in my head (at least, not this time), but from another part of my house!

"Oh my gosh, " I thought, "Someone is IN MY HOUSE!" I went into Momma Bear mode. I would knee him in the groin, while simultaneously cracking him on the noggin with a sauce pan, all the while protecting my daughter.

As I was forming this devious plan, I peaked around the corner, and that's when I figured out who the voice of the intruder belonged to.

It was Howie Mandel of Deal or No Deal. I had totally forgotten that I'd turned the TV on, and since it's on so rarely during the day, I didn't realize that's where the voice was coming from.

As the Blog header states, "Come on in, the senility is fine."

2 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ohhh man that was funny! glad to know i'm not alone...the other day i threw some towels on the banister to take downstairs after i finished changing lily...when i came out of her room something caught my eye and i thought it was a person...it was the stupid towels...talk about heart stopping moment and then a dork moment

Jade Clark said...

Bahahahaha, I'm glad you shared that!