Thursday, February 12, 2009

These are a few of my Favourite Things vs. Godzilla

Again, a reminder as to why I do these: I have opinions... lots of them. And when I find something I love... I mean really, almost-as-good-as-chocolate love, I feel compelled to shout about it from the rooftops. So I've decided to post about them every now and again. I receive no compensation from these things/website/places/people, but would gladly welcome whatever they would like to send my way. I like presents.

I don't have a lot of free time on my hands, but when I do (Elise is napping and I should be cleaning/starting dinner/laundry, but instead I'm wasting time on the Internet), I love to check out websites that make me laugh. And this one, well... oh my.

It's called "It's Lovely! I'll Take It!" and it chronicles the weird, the crazy, and the wild Real Estate listings that can be found on the Internet. The writer captions the pictures with wonderful, sarcastic humour, and even provides a link to the full listing... you know, just in case a house with blood-stained carpeting is right up your alley.

As I was reading through some older posts, I came across this one. Rarely do I actually laugh out loud, but I had tears running down my face. I think I may have even guffawed. I'm book-marking that post for when I'm having a bad day and am in desperate need of a laugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really understand why you were laughing so hard??!! I mean the picture of the Giraffe and the Peacock added an amazing look for this house!! Wow, wow and wow!

Ben

Jade Clark said...

Haha, oh my goodness. Just makes you wonder what was going through their heads. We'll make it look homey and charming by just adding this and that... Oh dear, people are CRAZY! Haha.

I can't remember what life was like back before we had the internet to remind us how dumb people are. I mean, did we ever laugh before the internet was invented? =)

Val said...

Oh man, thanks for the therapy! Don't know if you had seen this one before http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ but I think you would like it too. It's along the same line. Thanks to Jade it's now in my daily read. I'm definitely bookmarking what you shared today.

Curdie said...

I'm so glad someone thought of this blog. Some of the houses we saw while house hunting were hilarious. One of the listings announced, "original 1978 carpet." Note to homeowners, that's not really a plus.