Sunday, May 24, 2009

Two days later and I'm still sore

Well, Friday night was a success; if by success I mean I didn't die, I didn't get hurt, I didn't hurt anybody, and didn't make a complete fool out of myself.

A demi-fool, maybe.

All in all, I think I did pretty well. I got on base once, scored, coached the crap out of third base, didn't drop any of the balls thrown at me while playing first base, and was error-free.

Because technically, I didn't touch the ball that was rocketed down the first base line by the 6 foot 5 giant man who was hitting from the left side of the plate. I waved my glove at it, but I really don't have any interest in throwing my body in front of something actually whistles as it flies by me because it's going to fast.

The last time I sacrificed my body was bringing Elise into this world, and I still haven't recovered from that.

2 comments:

MaRia said...

Wait--it's co-ed!?!?

Fred said...

I can't wait for Elise and I to cheer you on again this Friday!