Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apologies

Sorry for emotionally vomiting on you with that last post. This has been a pretty crummy week, and I guess I just needed to blow off some steam. Unfortunately, we're still seeing mostly high BG levels, though there seems to be no reason for it. But what I'm learning is that diabetes doesn't make much sense. High BG's could be caused by stress, illness, hormone fluctuations (good God, not yet), growth spurts, the wind blowing out of the east, or the Phillies beating the Dodgers.

I made the last two up.

My brain doesn't really like vagueness, so I feel very unequipped to handle to handle this reality. I want to know the reason why. And I want it to be a logical answer that makes sense. I think a conversation between me and diabetes would go a little something like this:

Me: Why are you causing Elise's BG to be so high?
Diabetes: Because
Me: But why?
Diabetes: Just... because
Me: But WHY?
Diabetes: Because I said so. Now shut up and eat your dinner

This week hasn't been all bad, Fred took the day off today and we went to the zoo! I'm hoping to post some pics from our trip soon. Sorry again for the spew, please feel free to send me your dry cleaning bill.

0 comments: