Sunday, October 12, 2008

Why I wish I was a Baby Part 1

It wasn't until I had a baby, that I realized it was quite the life (for her). Now I'm kind of wishing I could go back and re-live my baby years all over again. Here's why:

Mandatory Nap time
This alone would be enough for me to want to be baby again. What? You seriously want me to go and lie down two to three times a day for an hour or so at a time? Let me get this straight... I get to sleep at night AND during the day? And the more I sleep, the happier you are? Gimme my blankie and I'll see you in a few. And please try and keep it down.

Making a Mess... and Getting Away With It!
I have this friend who refers to her kids as natural disasters. I won't use their real names, but her nicknames for them are Hurricane Hank and Earthquake Eva. Little 'Cane and 'Quake came over a few weekends ago and truly lived up to their nicknames. It seriously looked like a giant had picked up my house, shook it around so everything fell out of where it belonged, and then set my house back down again. Not that I minded, it was fun to watch the kids enjoy themselves. My point is this... after the kids were done creating chaos, who were the ones picking up after them? Their parents, of course! At the end of the day, almost every cupboard in my kitchen has been opened with at least one item taken out. And I dutifully follow behind Elise and put it all away, chuckling to myself that it's cute how she is so curious. If you do that as an adult, they call you a slob. Not fair.


What a Cute Wittle Baby!
When was the last time someone (besides your spouse/significant other/person in your life who is obligated to tell you) called you cute, precious, adorable, etc? Not that I'm all that hung up on looks, but I think it would be nice if from time-to-time a perfect stranger were to come up to me in the grocery store and tell me, "You are just the most darling thing I have ever seen in my life!" I think we could all use a compliment like that.

I have some more, but didn't want to let this post get so outrageously long that nobody would read it... stay tuned for part 2!

2 comments:

Val said...

Nap time alone would make the trip back worth it!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

I'm right there w/ya on the naps!!