Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday Countdown: Month 1

I can't believe it. Only 12 days until Elise is one year old. Time has just slipped by and I feel like I can barely catch my breath. I've been told it goes by fast, and I want to hold onto these memories before I forget them. So I've decided to chronicle Elise's first 12 months leading up to her birthday, in both pictures and words. Today is month one.

And what a crazy month it was. Sleep deprived people have no business taking care of an infant. We learned all about the wonders of nursing, spit-up, recovery from a c-section, and dealing with a bewildered dog who had no idea what had happened to her world. Time was no longer measured in days and nights, but how many hours until the next time we feed her? But we muddled our way through it, and we survived, which is all I really could have asked for!

During her first four weeks she smiled for the first time, and could hold her head up by herself. She has changed so much since these pictures were taken; no longer a helpless infant, but a little girl with a mind and spirit of her own. I am just shaking my head at how much can change over the course of a year.


1 comments:

Emily said...

I'm right with you...it is a crazy transition in such a short period of time. It's flown by for us too.